- FEED YOUR PET WHILE YOU ARE AWAY - Schedule up to 4 automated feedings per day using the built-in programmable timer. Program each meal time with a few button clicks on an easy-to-use LCD screen. Control food portions from 2 teaspoons to 4.5 cups per feeding. The feeder is wall-powered and/or battery-powered. In case of a power outage, the feeder will continue to function on 3 D-size batteries to assure your pet gets fed (batteries not included).
- CONTROL PORTION SIZE OF EACH FEEDING - Dispense anywhere from 2 teaspoons to 4.5 cups dry food per feeding to sustain any size animal. You can program a unique portion size for each automatic feeding, allowing you to establish regular eating routines throughout the day without any stress.
- RECORD A CUSTOM MESSAGE FOR YOUR PET - Keep your pet excited about mealtimes. Press and hold the mic button for three seconds to begin recording a message to be played as each feeding dispenses.
- OPERATING TIPS - Suitable for dry food only, with the food pellet size ranging from 0.2-0.6 inches in diameter, up to 4 meals a day. The removable hygienic feeding tray is dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- ARGE STORAGE COMPARTMENT - The main food storage compartment can hold up to 20-cups of food and is removable for easy cleaning and refilling.
Works really well. It even works with something as large as gaming dice (see my test video. First time, I got a 19 for a hit and a 2 for damage, but it didn't record, lol). 4 meal programming is great to have rather than 2 or 3. USB power gives you a lot of versatility. I also like that there is a different sized scoop wheel to adjust to what you need. Instructions are not written by an American, but they are quite clear and understandable! I think it's a great size, not so big that food goes stale, not too small and needing frequent filling, and it has a fairly small footprint to save space.The recording option is cool. I would maybe get one for each pet if they have problems sharing, but place them in different areas and train them so they don't go to the wrong feeder.It has a push-button lock on the top. It's recessed so pets won't be able to hit it easily, and I think the feeder would tip over before the amount of pressure needed to open it, so your pet probably can't get it open even if they know what to do.The only option I'd add is an RFID tag reader. If I was designing the next model, I'd add that as a separate option that could be purchased and plugged in very simply by the user. This keeps cost down on the basic model and lowers production cost vs a separate premium model.
These have been a life saver, especially with two dogs and travel sports. In the summer we can be gone for long days unexpectedly. These also do let us be a little lazy. I love this product here are a few subtle notes. I'd still buy these again but these are little things to be aware of.1) if you have two pets getting them to drop the food at the exact same time is tough. I made my younger dogs be the late one. He's has to wait maybe 30 seconds which is an eternity for a dog. :)2) thanks to another reviewer, i found this dropped about 1/8 c, per "meal", I was able to calculate and verify the correct serving size using that info. My bigger dog eats two cups a day so I have to refill once per week.3) the window in the front is decoration, you only can see the food level from the top. Which is fine for anyone that didn't install theirs in the bottom shelf of a sofa table.4) the voice recorder is pretty garble but totally unnecessary. When they hear the food drop they come running anyway.
Easy to use (after the dog stops being afraid of it).Now it dispenses food 2x daily and I've stopped yelling at my kids to feed her ......
I got this feeder because of its 5g increments. Wet food is ideal for weight loss but some cats just wont eat wet. The problem with dry is it is so easy to overfeed as just a few extra pieces here/there and they will lose nothing.My latest foster came in weight 17+lbs, I tried to feed via measuring spoons but she was still not losing weight and she was hungry all the time and pestering me non-stop for food (and I might have caved a few times too many). So I bought this and it was a game changer. She stopped pestering me as the machine fed her, not me. I could spread the feedings out to 6 hours each (ie she got fed in the middle of the night) so I could sleep but she was never hungry. She started at 15 portions split out over 4 feedings, she started losing roughly 1-2%/week which is perfect, as she lost I slowly reduced portions 14/13/12/11 .. as of this morning she is sub 14lbs. I've been able to slowly adjust her back to normal hours and reduce her to 3 meals a day.She hasn't figured out the wheel but she is adorable as she looks thru the top and she tries to press the button to unlock. Sometimes she misjudges the time by just a bit and then has to look just to be sure its not empty.If you have a cat that pesters you non-stop for food or one that needs to lose weight, I highly recommend a feeder like this.
I absolutely love my automatic feeder! It was easy to set up and works perfectly